Classroom Activities (Spring 11)
- To prepare for a spring sale of a range of plants (see Tips for success for more information)
- To prepare for Easter holidays.
- To plant out into garden any plants that are ready for transplanting.
- Labels for plant sale.
- Hand forks and trowels for planting out.
- Pot up any seedlings that are ready for sale
- Pots should be clean & labels should be attractive and informative
- Prepare a master sheet of plants on sale for handy reference by all involved in the sale
- Pot up/prick out seedlings as usual. If left in small trays or pots over the holidays, these plants may well dry out and die
- Decide method of plant care over Easter holidays. (see Tips for success for more information)
- Plant out into the garden all those plants, such as salads & spinach, that will tolerate the weather at this time of year. Not the tender plants – they need to remain inside
- Care for seedlings and potted-on plants as normal.
- Ensure plenty of room-temperature water is available. Plants will be growing faster, and have more top growth. That makes them thirstier.