Garden Activities (Spring 9)
Aim (As week 7)
- To prepare a seed bed for sowing seeds.
- To have the soil in top condition for seed sowing and transplanting seedlings.
- To transplant sturdy seedlings so they can grow to maturity and be harvested and the crop sold.
- Keep weeds under control – they will have really started to grow by now.
- To compost garden waste, and keep the composting going well.
As previous weeks
- Compost weed leaves, but not flowers or seeds.
- If compost bin only contains green material it will probably be too wet. Add crumpled envelopes and junk mail to get the balance right.
- Hoe off any weeds as they appear, to prevent them from flowering and setting seed.